Sunday, December 2, 2012

Following the Light


I looked at the sky, it was dark and gloomy, clouded with despair; then I saw a flash.

I couldn’t think.

I was stupefied for a few seconds, then I saw it again; a jet of silvery white light breaking the dismal night sky.

I was awed and breath-taken by that flash. Another came, much greater… I felt the need to open my window, run or fly towards it as fast as I could, chase it from the damp earth to the sky, to its celestial home…

Another flash! I couldn’t resist. My soul leapt from my body, taking its secret form to follow the lightning…

I spread my wings and flew like an eagle, but not one. My wings were much bigger, white and shiny. As I spread them, I could see the sky opening its arms to me, calling out to me, whispering my name in the wind. The thunder roared as I continued my flight.

Cold air entered my lungs; every breath was like a new experience. Below me, everything was tiny and irrelevant. My flight was all that mattered…

I could hear every stroke of my wings beating against gravity. I could feel the wind pushing me forward; it was as excited as I.


1 comment:

  1. A serialic short-story.. right from the worlds of confusing realms.. Each reader would have his own speculations about the identity of the narrator based upon many factors including his background and psychological state at the moment of reading, but all in all, no one can deny that it's an attracting beautiful story... :)

    ReplyDelete