Friday, June 10, 2016

Dreaming of Hope by Nada Adel Sobhi - Poem


Let the light flow in,
Fill my mind,
Flood my soul
With warmth,
Love,
Hope.

Awaken my numbed senses
From the darkness of despair,
The raging anger
Attacking my brain,
Sealing it inside itself
In a never-ending cycle.

Fill my heart with light,
Power,
Love!

FLOOD MY SOUL!

I close my eyes,
Smile involuntarily
An object appears in my periphery,
Somewhere far off.
The light falls to the background.

My smile widens
As my dreams take flight

Wind chimes jingle nearby
The sun begins to set,
An eagle soars above me,
Passing majestically by

In my mind's eye
And my soul within
I smile,
Love,
And dream.




Written 9 June 2016 
This poem was inspired by picture prompt no. 36 in the Takhayyal writing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment